Pharmacy First is a scheme that allows you to access the advice and treatments available from pharmacies for many minor health complaints directly, without needing a doctors appointment / prescription.
If you don’t pay for prescriptions from your doctor, then any medicine supplied to you from the pharmacy will also be free of charge.
There are two levels of service:
Level 1 Core Service:
• Should be available at all times the pharmacy is open.
• Patients receive a consultation, advice and supply of medicine(s) if appropriate for the following conditions:
- Cold and Flu
- Diarrhoea and vomiting
- Management of Head lice
- Sore Throat
- Acne (Mild to Moderate) (Aged 12 years and over)
- Athlete’s Foot (Aged 12 years and over)
- Constipation (Aged 7 years and over)
- Eczema / Dermatitis (Mild)
- Hay Fever
- Indigestion / Dyspepsia (Aged 18 and over)
- Pain (Aged 3 months and older)
- Piles (Aged 18 years and older)
- Warts / Verrucae (Aged 5 years and older)
Level 2 Service:
• Prescription only medicines offered by a limited number of pharmacies.
• Patients receive a consultation, advice and a supply of medicine for the following conditions:
- Cystitis in women (Aged 18-65)
- Thrush in infants
- Hay Fever
- Impetigo (Aged 1 years and over)
- Vaginal Thrush (Aged 16 to 60 years)
Download a list of pharmacies providing the service as well as the level of service they offer. Kelsall and Tarvin chemists provide Level 1 and 2 services.
Follow this link for more information: https://www.westcheshireccg.nhs.uk/default.aspx?404;http://www.westcheshireccg.nhs.uk:80/contactus/localhealthservices/pharmacy.html